Ask Yourself Some Questions
Considering these questions will help you find a program that is right for you.
- What do you hope to accomplish while abroad?
- Do you want to enroll directly at a foreign university?
- Would you be comfortable in a country where the language is not English?
- Do you want to fulfill degree requirements for you major, complete core requirements, work on a minor? Improve or learn a foreign language?
- Do you want to live with a host family? In a big city or small town?
- Do you want to incorporate an internship into your experience?
- Would you like to do research while you're abroad?
- How far out of your comfort zone are you willing to go?
- How much effort are you willing to put into scholarship applications?
- Do you have family, guardians, mentors, or friends who you can talk to about your decision to study abroad?